Tuesday, September 17, 2013

90 & in LOVE

Football season is upon us. Every year, I slowly learn the rules and regulations of the game. I can get an A in Organic Chemistry but for the life of me I can't understand football. Explain that one to me!

I am a sucker for good commercials. Some of my favorites that leave me bursting with laughter are the Doritos and AT&T Fast is Better commercials. Not to mention the SPCA Rescue and Animal Cruelty commercials that leave me wiping at my tears due to the fact that I had something stuck in both of my eyes.

Let's face it, the REAL reason I watch the Superbowl is not to wow Jake with my incredible knowledge of football (it's really all about yelling out random "damnit!" and "what a play!" phrases). I watch the Superbowl for the commercials. Yes, I am the person who fast forwards through the game and pushes play to the good stuff.

About a month ago, I saw this commercial for "The Everyday Effect" Swiffer. It stars this super cute old couple (one of my most favorite things ever). I just figured they were actors until I stumbled across an article in Yahoo!.....

Lee & Morty Swiffer Video

The video is the best part. They are in fact a married couple of 44 years! In this day in age where marriage isn't seen as a necessary act, this was so refreshing to me. Call me old-fashioned but if I am 90 and in love, still holding hands while slowly keeping pace with my partner of many years, I will be one happy old lady. I also related to Lee because she is a neat freak and I guess you never grow out of that - sorry, Jakey! ;) I'm just saying, I would be elated if someone dropped off a box of cleaning supplies to my front door. That is exciting stuff.

"Morty, are you listening?!". Dahhh! So stinkin' adorable.

2 comments:

  1. The only time I watch football is when it's on at the gym or at the bar. I learned that the easiest way to blend in is to stand up with your hands on your hips while staring at the game and slowly shaking your head in disappointment. Even if nothing is going on in the game people will think you are reading into a layer of the plays that they can't see and then that will make them feel dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing sooooo hard right now! Totally going to try that - it's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete